Data Engineers x 5
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team of analytics experts, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Interpret trends and patterns, and conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- 4+ years of Python experience or another object-oriented programming language.
- 4+ years of experience using PostgreSQL/MySQL/Snowflake or other relational database management systems, working with complex queries, view, materialized view, query updates, etc.
- 2+ years of DynamoDB/MongoDB experience or other non-relational database management systems.
- 2+ years AWS cloud services like S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, and DMS.
- Experience using Fivetran or a similar ETL tool for smooth data warehousing operations.
- Experience with Looker or a similar business intelligence software