Senior Vice President - Technical Services
The Senior Vice President – Technical Services will serve as a transformational leader to help build a World-class team. He/She will contribute towards the Company’s ambitious growth plans by providing insights to the Executive Leadership team on technology advancements, ensuring automation, and a passion for process improvement to support the rapid growth and will oversee the Engineering, Service Delivery, DevOps & Quality Departments.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor current and future trends, technology, and information; review and adopt emerging technology trends to improve the capabilities of people and maximize development efficiency.
- Challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement across the Engineering Team
- Lead Engineering Teams in meeting product/services definition, with performance and quality within budget
- Build, grow, and retain an amazing Engineering Team to innovate, develop, and deploy best-in-class Software solutions. Grow and nurture this talent through effective mentoring and coaching
- Drive the company vision by working with all the teams to ensure the deliverables are adding value to the Business and Clients
- Attend weekly/monthly executive meetings, discuss the future of the organization and make key decisions about how and where we can improve.
- Strategic and operational ownership of Service Delivery to all Customers.
- Lead the DevOps and Test Automation teams to achieve the maximum productivity benefit by utilizing best practices
- Leading a team that is focused on customer support, operational improvements, efficiency, reliability, and scalability.
- Develop the vision, goals, and priorities, and work alongside the team to accomplish them.
- Drive operational excellence; highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, excellent customer service, efficient and agile operations measured with industry-leading metrics.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing relationships with third-party vendors.
- Aggressively monitor the provisioning and activation service performance of multiple vendors.
- Manage infrastructure projects, and assist with design and implementation.
- Work with business teams to provide the engineering team with insight into support priorities.
- Ensure compliance of platform components including security and monitoring mechanisms.
- Ensure all work is completed according to established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Lead development of internal tools/products/services to facilitate engineering infrastructure and support activities.
- Lead and manage teams responsible for multiple areas of technology ensuring that the firm has the proper tools and processes in place to obtain various certifications and credentials (i.e. CMMI, ISO)
What You’ll Need
- Hands-on experience in designing application architectures for business requirements on various platforms.
- Proficiency with at least 2 of the following: Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), Full Stack development frameworks, Node.js, .NET, Java, Python, PHP, Angular.js, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, iOS and Android mobile development.
- Strong familiarity with Enterprise Architecture including networking systems, database systems, API integrations, and deployment methodologies
- Experience with designing and implementing Enterprise-class processes.
- Able to successfully manage the relationship with clients and other stakeholders
- Able to engage, nurture and manage high-quality multi-disciplinary teams
- Collaborative team skills to effectively lead groups and work as a team in both formal and informal settings
- A strong sense of being Customer obsessed, and tuned into Client needs
Skills that would impact your peers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to translate information at strategic and technical levels flawlessly
- Proven successful leadership in technology and extensive experience in managing remote teams
- Act as an advisor, mentor, leader, and coach for partners, co-workers, and subordinates
Qualification and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in analyzing, planning, deploying, and running Enterprise Technology Solutions.
- 10+ years of people management and team leadership experience including headcount planning and developing strong and motivated teams
- Experience building large infrastructure supporting business-critical cloud & on-premises services.
- Detailed knowledge of all Cloud Services
- Experience with 24/7 onsite/cloud monitoring and ability to own uptime & performance SLAs
- Operational experience at scale - designing and operating highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems using best-of-breed technologies.
- Master's / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Any added relevant certifications, diplomas, or professional training will be a plus