Senior Power BI Developer
Cooperative Computing (CC): We accelerate growth minded companies into the automated economy.
The business market is in rapid change, with consumer behavior placing significantly high expectations on businesses at every phase in the client experience. Each day, we experience a company dramatically shifting “industry norms” and in many cases, removing historical market leaders from their market leading position. These elements create extraordinary opportunities for our team members to excel.
CC delivers superior client experiences as the premier digital enabler of growth minded enterprises enabling their rapid growth and ensuring their sustainable and smooth transition into the Automated Economy.
Our team is passionate in delivering client value and is fanatical in how we go about ensuring we deliver extraordinary business results for our clients. We are committed to growing as individuals first, becoming the best version of ourselves in who we have been created to be. We take responsibility in our thoughts and actions, know our purpose and our end in mind and put these first in our lives in living aligned with these core values:
Be Fanatical and Passionate Delivering Superior Client Experiences - It’s who we are!
- Growth is Contagious - I grow, You grow, We all grow!
- Be Innovative - Looking at tomorrow today. We live outside our comfort zone; we ask difficult questions of ourselves; we take risks, and we are fearless to experiment and lead the way forward
- Show Empathy & Be Honest - Every single word spoken, or action performed for our Customers, Team Members, Partners & Stakeholders will be filled with kindness, candor and honesty
- High Performance - It’s not for everyone - Our culture is our team members. We make the lives of our fellow team members better by first recognizing “I” am a team member first. We measure our progress constantly to be a better version of ourselves with every new day
About the Role:
As a Power BI Developer, you will play a crucial role in our organization by building and maintaining business intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions that empower data-driven decision-making. We are looking for individuals with a deep understanding of Power BI technology, combined with strong business acumen and problem-solving skills. Your experience in data and business analysis will be a key asset in this role, and effective communication will be essential. Responsibilities
Capabilities (Key Behaviors):
The Power BI Developer will exhibit the following capabilities:
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze complex data and transform it into actionable insights.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem-Solving: Strong problem-solving skills to address data-related challenges and optimize BI solutions.
- Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in Power BI, including the ability to create dashboards, reports, and data models, also familiarity with SQL queries and data extraction techniques.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of business processes and the ability to translate business requirements into BI solutions.
- Project Management: Capability to define project timelines, manage tasks, and meet deadlines for BI projects.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to evolving technologies and business needs in the field of BI and analytics.
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the Power BI role.
- Background with BI tools and systems such as Power BI, Tableau, and SAP
- Prior experience in data-related tasks
- Understanding of the Microsoft BI Stack
- Mastery in data analytics
- Should be proficient in software development
- Be familiar with MS SQL Server BI Stack tools and technologies, such as SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, MDX, PowerBI, and DAX.
- Analytical thinking for converting data into relevant reports and graphics
- Capable of enabling row-level data security
- Knowledge of Power BI application security layer models
- Ability to run DAX queries on Power BI desktop
- Proficient in doing advanced-level computations on the data set
- Excellent communication skills are required to communicate needs with client and internal teams successfully