Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure)
Cooperative Computing is seeking to fill Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure) positions who are enthusiastic about building a dependable platform that embodies our exceptional customer experience and likes taking on new challenges.
The Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure) will be responsible for the site/platform dependability and the deployment procedures that support our Test Prep apps.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project
- Good hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps, Azure Active Directory, networking, storage, and virtual machines)
- Good hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure serverless architecture
- Work with business stakeholders and senior architects to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring solutions on Microsoft Azure for Windows and Linux servers
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Develop unit tests, configure tools, and write build scripts for the VA Enterprise Cloud preferably on Microsoft Azure.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Must have handled at least one multi-tier highly available and scalable infrastructure on Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant DevOps experience in Azure and 1 Year of Experience in AWS
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment preferably on Microsoft Azure
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture
- Must have travel documents and be willing to travel on client requests.
- Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- An additional advantage with experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience with agile and DevOps model
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, and Azure PowerShell.